LAHAR SRIJANA Triple Layer Muslin Khasto in Butterfly Garden
Traditional Nepalese pure muslin khasto in custom multi-coloured butterfly print with red and white cotton edging.
Khastos are triple-layered pure muslin shawls. The middle layer is block printed and the shawl is edged in patterned cotton. Khastos are beautiful, multi-purpose shawls that are perfect for the whole family.
Lahar Srijana is a women's collective that offers training in traditional crafts and then fairly paid employment. The khastos are made and printed by hand - even the printing blocks are hand carved.
- protect shoulders from the sun (small size)
- use as a shade drape
- play blanket on lawn or beach for babies
- wrap around you as a cover-up dress
- to sleep under in hot climates - cool but cosy
- wrap around two of you (large size) to watch the sunset or stars
- tuck over children in the plane or car
- warm up after a swim
Fabric and care: Cool wash with similar colours. Do not tumble dry.